We are seeking a mid- to senior-level PR consultant to join our team of senior-level professionals working on fintech B2B and B2C growth company clients. You will join existing account teams, work virtually and have account responsibilities including setting strategy and account direction, managing a team, content creation (articles, press releases, blog posts, email marketing, case studies, ebooks, etc.), media relations, social media management, awards and speaking proposals and more. We are a boutique agency with a full roster of retainer-based clients. We offer full-service content marketing and PR programs in a more efficient manner than larger agencies so all consultants must be comfortable and eager to complete work in strategic and tactical roles, and expert at self-directed work and working remotely.
Essential Responsibilities and Skills:
Account Direction and Client Relationship Management: Experience setting strategic plans, overseeing and managing account scope, successfully setting and working towards measurable objectives, and building trust with client leadership from the marketing team to the C-Suite.
Media Relations: Proven experience securing top-tier tech, national business and trade media coverage for B2B companies. Tech, fintech, and payments experience a plus. Strong appetite for consuming media, finding newsworthy angles, newsjacking, building relationships with journalists, and keeping a finger on the pulse of the rapidly-changing media landscape.
Thought Leadership: Experience showcasing thought leadership of clients through award wins, speaking opportunities, social media posting, media interviews, bylines, etc. Content Creation: Proven ability to help clients meet their goals through content creation such as articles, press releases, blog posts, case studies and ebooks. Experience recommending and executing sponsored content opportunities a plus. Strong writing skills with the ability to distill complex B2B topics into engaging content, and an enthusiasm to write everything from tweets to blog posts to more complex articles and white papers.
- 8+ years of PR experience
- Solid writing capabilities and samples
- Strong earned media examples
- At least 5 years of experience in PR agency/agencies B2B client experience
Special consideration to those who have: consulted before; have experience with payments or technology clients; have content marketing experience including content creation, sponsored content management and paid social.
Think you are a good fit? Here’s how you’ll know:
- You are incredibly self-motivated
- You love telling stories and have a passion for content creation
- You are comfortable working across multiple accounts and managing your time/workload
- You have a passion for media relations
- You are able to work independently with little oversight
- You desire the flexibility AND challenge of a work-from-home position
- You are capable and willing to work in flexible roles across accounts
- You are an expert communicator – able to liaise professionally with clients and report/check-in efficiently with a virtual team
Please send your resume to email@example.com